Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Grants
The Civil War Sesquicentennial Grant is a grant program that supports the planning and execution of local commemorations of the 150th anniversary of the Civil War between 2011 and 2015. Grant applications will be considered four times per year. County or municipal governments, non-profit organizations, and individuals may submit proposals for grants. The deadline to apply for the next round of grants is Friday, February 14, depending on the availability of funding.
Civil War Sesquicentennial Grants of up to $2,000 may be used for, but are not limited to, the following types of projects:
- PLANNING: Development of plans for local commemoration of the Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial.
- CONSULTANTS: Speakers' fees and materials for symposia, conferences and workshops.
- EXHIBITS: Development of museum exhibits or interpretive materials related to local Civil War events.
- PUBLICATIONS: Development of printed materials, educational software, films, or videos interpreting the Civil War in Arkansas.
- ACTIVITIES: Costs associated with re-enactments, living history events, etc.
To download a PDF of the Arkansas Civil War Sesquicentennial Grant Manual, click here.
Click on the links below for PDF files of the grant application:
Click here for Word files of the grant application:
Web Design & Web Development by Aristotle